Friday, March 12, 2010

Manual Mode!

I did it! I took great photos all in manual (in a setting where the auto mode gave me poor photos)! This may not sound like a big deal to many, but it's a big step for me. I am realizing that I have been holding myself back out of fear. I don't enjoy numbers and rules, but that is how I was taught to deal with exposure and aperture. So my response? Just don't deal with it. The composition of photography - that catching an ordinary scene at an angle that produces a great photo - has always come easy for me. But when I have tried to learn (or rather, memorize) the rules for the camera settings I would get scared and go back to what was easy for me. The big epiphany for me this week is that my way was actually harder!

Here are a couple of favorites from my first all manual photo shoot (ok, it was bathtime with my almost 3 year old, but wow was it fun!)




No comments:

Post a Comment